About Anne Riggs
A Little About Myself
I have been married for 40 years and have three grown-up children. My eldest daughter is a primary school teacher and my youngest a doctor. My son works for a housing association whilst my husband operates his own painting and decorating business in Plymouth.
I became fully registered as a childminder in 1989, when my youngest child was still a baby, after working my way up to becoming a nursery childcare supervisor at my children's pre-school. In the years that have passed I have cared for over 40 children, ranging in age from 12 weeks, up to 13 years and including some children with special and complex needs.
Having volunteered in my spare time with my local Girl Guide for 25 years, I have now moved to help out with the younger aged group, Rainbows. When my children were younger I also helped out at their Red Cross youth group.
Qualifications & Training
I have an NVQ 3 in Childcare and Education, and a Certificate in Early Years Practice level 4. I regularly attend courses which enable me to keep my skills and knowledge current.
Some relevant childcare courses that I have attended are:
- Business Foundation course
- Safeguarding (Child Protection) training
- Special Needs training
- First Aid training
- Promoting Positive Behaviour course
- Observing, Supporting and Planning for 4 Year Olds course
- IT for Play Workers course
- Baby Signing course
- Food Safety course
- Health and Safety training
- Signs Promoting Speech course
- Blast (Speech and Language for over 3s)
- Early Years Autism Awareness training
- Equal Opportunities training
- Communicating Matters course
- Early Years Foundation Stage training
- Elklan (Let's Talk with Under 5s)
- Children Thinking Mathematically course
- Letters and Sounds course